What Makes Us Different
Wisdom Matrix SM is a successful award winning company that began in 1999 in San Diego, California. The company is solidly established and financially stable.
Our Leadership Team consists of experienced, wise, and innovative strategists that help guide our company and ultimately our clients to success.
Gary Avánt, M.Ed., B.S.
President, Lead Consultant
Gary is a co-founder and co-owner of the company. He has worked in the corporate sector and education sector in leadership, management, and consultant roles for 20+ years. His expertise is in Project Management, Creative Directing, Process / Performance Solutions, Instructional Design, solving complex problems, and leading innovative solutions. He has several published articles and is a frequent training seminar presenter.
Gary is trained in and has practical experience with SEI (Software Engineering Institute), CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration), ISO (International Standard Organization), W3C (World Wide Web Consortium), and other major standards and processes.
- Masters Degree in Education – Educational Technology / Instructional Design
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Psychology, minor in Sociology
- Project Management Certificates - Requirements Engineering, Configuration Management, Estimation Methods, Communication Methods, Teambuilding
- Management Certificate in International Business
- ISO 9000 Internal Auditing Certification
Dana Avánt, A.S.
Vice President, Lead Consultant
Dana is co-founder and co-owner of the company. Dana has worked in the corporate sector in leadership, management, and consultant roles for 20+ years. Her expertise is in Data Architecture and Management, Programming, Technical Solutions, Process Solutions, solving complex problems, and leading innovative solutions.
Dana is trained in and has practical experience with software and systems best practices, database development best practices, W3C (World Wide Web Consortium), and other major standards and processes.
- Associate of Science Degree in Computer Science
Ronald Norman, Ph.D., CDAP, CSM, CCP
Advisor – Technology Consultant, Software / Systems Engineer, and Educator
Ron has 40+ years of industry Software Engineering & Information Technology experience including software development, consulting, mentoring, training, and management. He has taught executive, graduate and undergraduate level courses in information systems management, systems analysis and design (software engineering), information as an organizational resource, database management, software development/programming, and data communications.
- Ph.D. in Management Information Systems and Organizational Behavior
- Certified Disciplined Agile Practitioner (CDAP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Computer Professional (CCP)
Advisor – Marketing and Management Consultant, Leader, and Speaker
Timothy Russell, M.Div., B.A.
Advisor – Education and Academic Overseer, Leader, and Speaker
Our team of about 30 Associates are experienced, efficient, well-educated, and personable professionals. All have at least 5 years of experience in their field - most have 10+ years experience. Several have advanced degrees. Several are published authors in their fields.
We carefully select the best of the best to be on our team. Our team consists of principals, management team, and about 30 Associates who are experienced, efficient, well-educated, and personable professionals.
- Business Development / Marketing Consultants
- Business Process Consultants
- Project Managers
- Web Designers / Developers
- Web Presence / SEO / SEM Consultants
- Graphic Artists / Designers
- Animation / Multimedia Developers (Flash, Video, Audio, etc.)
- Performance Consultants
- Instructional Designers
- Systems Engineers
- Software Engineers
- Quality Assurance Testers
- I.T. Engineers
Our support arrangements are flexible - our team can support clients as independent contractor, subcontractor, 1099, W-2, W-4, temporary employee, and/or bartering for services.
Registrations and Certifications
Wisdom Matrix SM has the following registrations and certifications:
- Better Business Bureau (A+ rating)
- Certified small business
- Dun and Bradstreet
- SAM – System for Award Management
- State of California
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- U.S. Government Prime Contractors small business registration – SAIC, Titan, General Atomics, SPAWAR
Wisdom Matrix SM memberships, affiliations, alignments, partnerships, and/or business relationships:
- AECT – Association for Educational Communications and Technology
- Apple – Developer
- ASTD – American Society for Training and Development
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce
- CEO – an Executive Professional Men’s Group
- East County Economic Development Council – Aerotropolis Committee, Development Committee
- E-Learning Guild
- Google – Partner
- Harvard Business Review
- IEEE Computer Society
- IICS – International Interactive Communication Society
- ISPI – International Society for Performance and Improvement
- Knowledge Management Experts group
- Microsoft – Partner
- PWF – a Professional Women’s Group
- San Diego Contracting Opportunity Center
- San Diego County Tourism
- San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce
- San Diego Leadership Forum
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
- San Diego Supplier Development Council
- Santee Chamber of Commerce
- Those In Media group
- U.S. Buyer-Supplier Network (Connectory.com)
- Web Presence / SEO / SEM / Social Media – multiple organizations